Sunday, August 4, 2013

Love Therapy - Gypsy Brass Band - Dale Chihuly

My trip to Quebec was special, I felt showered with love every day by my family and my old friends. I call it Love Therapy! It also turned out to be a gourmet holiday, we went to fantastic restaurants and ate fine cuisine at home, my brother Benoit is quite a chef, we had one feast after another, duck, scampies, brie with caramelized apple in maple syrup, yum! And of course, a bottle of wine and then, another one! The good life! Sunshine and hot weather went on and on, so did the swimming and sailing on Memphremagog Lake. Picnics at the beach, ice cream cones on the Main! I can't imagine a better summer holiday.  Thanks everyone!

I longed to walk blissfully the streets of Montreal on a balmy hot summer night at the Jazz Festival, strolling from one stage to the next immersed in the crowd, the heat and the music.




And I did it! It was just as good as in my memories from the days I lived in Montreal. People everywhere, all ages, all cultures, chatting, laughing and dancing in the streets. A crowd was gathering at la place des Festivals in anticipation of the joyous music of Fanfare Ciocarlia, a 11 piece gypsy brass band from Romania. The party was on! I haven't danced like that in eons, ouch my knees!

The glass magician Dale Chihuly has an incredible exhibit of his giant blown glass pieces at the Musee des Beaux-Arts. Twenty feet tall glass chandeliers hanging over polished black granite, hundreds of big colourful glass pieces, what a feast for the eyes and the soul.

 Montreal: full of surprises.  
On St-Denis street the hydro poles are wrapped in colourful knitting ready for the circus!

On Marianne street, a bench and a piano invites passersby to jam together for a musical interlude.

Hope you also had a fantastic month of July. I wish you all great happiness, all the creativity in the world and a beautiful August.

No comments:

Post a Comment